North Shore real estate is well within the 2016 spring buying and selling season. North Shore realtors may often advise clients of five basic principles to get your home in top “list ready” condition. Buyers and sellers alike are out right now (on-line and in-person) perusing real estate options on places like Zillow and Trulia. Using these tips can promote a competitive standing in the market and make buyers appreciate the thoughtful preparation.
1. Go crazy on the curb appeal. Spring and summer mean getting out and enjoying the weather. It also means every detail of the outside of your home is far more noticeable. Just put yourself in a potential buyers shoes and stand outside of your home. As you approach the front door, what is your impression of the property? Do the lawn and bushes look neatly displayed? Is the address clearly visible from where you are? Are pretty flowers or plants framing the entrances? Is the walkway free from debris and impediments?
2. Clean and Organize. Eliminate any clutter and pack up your least-used items, such as large pictures or photos, out-of-season clothes, non-used kitchen items, toys, and exercise equipment. Store items off-site or in boxes neatly arranged in the garage or even the basement. Clean the windows, carpets, walls, flooring, lighting fixtures, and baseboards to make the house sparkle.
3. Collect needed replacement estimates. Do you have big-ticket items that are worn out, out dated, or will need to be replaced soon, such your roof or carpeting? Get estimates on how much it would cost to replace those things, even if you don’t plan to do it yourself. The figures will help buyers determine if they can afford the home, and will be a helpful guide for both parties when negotiations begin.
4. Know where to find your warranties. Collect the warranties, guarantees, and user manuals for the furnace, washer and dryer, dishwasher, and any other appliances or equipment that will remain with the house after it’s sold.
5. A pre-sale home inspection is Key. Be ahead of the game by arranging for a pre-sale home inspection. An inspector will be able to give you a good outline of the trouble areas that will stand out to potential buyers, and you’ll be able to make needed repairs before an open house begins. The inspection may also be an additional guide for contact negotiation.
The top producing, high ranking Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage office located at 640 Vernon Ave in Glencoe, Illinois-60022; is home base for Gloria Matlin . The office has been a sound performing real estate resource for the North Shore community for well over 4 decades. Stop by today to discover how we can assist with home buying, home selling, home rentals, reports, or just to get info on Chicago’s North Shore area things to do/ places to go or eat!