Chances are, buyers looking for a Chicago North Shore home during the winter season are serious about buying and not simply shopping around. Showing off some of the home’s finer features isn’t easy covered in a potential blanket of snow, but there are a number of things sellers can do to attract buyers:
1. Less competition. In the winter season, there are fewer homes on the market, so your home will have less competition. Encourage buyers by offering attractive pricing and incentives.
2. Interior focus. Providing photographs from the summer months is important, but now is the time to highlight the inside of your home. North Shore realtors know, furnished homes and those that are organized have more appeal, so make sure the beds are made, the furniture is well placed, and the counter tops and closets are clear of any clutter.
3. Exterior demands. Snow can alter the look of the overall property. Shovel and de-ice all paths and doorways. The driveway should be plowed, along with the sidewalks. Make sure that all outside lights and doorbells work. Consider more lights that could be installed to effectively highlight the best areas of the house.
4. Winter warmth. The colder months can create times at home enjoying family. You can stage your home to showcase winter warmth with such sights and smells as crackling fires, scented candles and eye catching, but tasteful wreaths to appeal to buyers and make them feel like your home could be their own. The key–don’t over do it though!
1. Lenders also usually have fewer loans to process and less paperwork to deal with (though this can change quickly if rates fluctuate). With lenders less hassled, you can expect a smoother process to get approved for a mortgage.
2. Winter may have fewer buyers in the market. Fewer buyers could mean less North Shore real estate property competition.
3. The winter season has fewer units on the market, and sellers tend to need to move from their property. You can use that to your advantage to get a favorable deal.
4.The negatives that turn off both buyers and sellers in winter can create a savvy real estate hunter’s dream. For the clued-in home buyer such negatives can lead to a real gem of a deal. The motto that could put some serious money in your pocket between now and spring, remember this: Imagine the future, and don’t let winter pull your strings! More INFO
For a view of homes available on the North Shore, or to get market status/housing reports, analysis, trends, or open house lists, feel free to stop by our North Shore Office at 640 Vernon Ave, Glencoe, Illinois. Gloria Matlin works out of one of the Chicago North Shore’s top ranked realtor offices. 847-835-0236 or direct at 847-835-6058